Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 and Action Essentials 2 Video Problem

Nov 16, 2012 7:35 PM

Hello,

I am viewing the previews of Action Essentials 2 from Video Copilot and the resolution seems very degraded, tons of artifacts also.  This never happened before, and these are just pre-keyed clips for special effects, .mov files.

I have included a jpg of viewing the same clip in preview window of Bridge CS6 5.0.1.23, and in Quicktime 7.73.  You can see in the image there is a huge difference. It renders fine in After Effects CS6, Premiere, and Photoshop.

I have purged the cache, restarted, checked for updates, etc.

I have updated nvidia drivers 306.97 and a 480 gtx EVGA vid card.  Windows 7 64bit SP1, and i7-920. 

This seems to have happened recently, as it used to preview in high quality.  I checked video I did on my Nikon D800 and it appears to be fine, and uses a .MOV extension.

Please any advice would be helpful.bridge-problem.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2012 7:55 PM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

Check your thumbnail setting.  Perhaps embedded?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 3:58 PM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

If you had not mentioned that it works well in other programs I would have said it was the GPU.  Just as a test go into advanced preferences and check use software rendering.  

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

Since you are on Windows OS download the free program G-Spot.  It gives lots of info on video including what CODEC is required and if it is installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

I looked at a .mov made with a Panasonic Lumix camera.  It has the codec as pana (unknown) and status undetermined.  It plays fine.

Might post something on the Premier Elelments or Pro site as they would be much more informed on codecs. 

If you find an answer post back as others may read this thread looking for answers to similar problem.

By the way the screen shots were so small they were barely readable.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to 50 Hungry Lions

I have same problem did you solve it ? I'd bridge cs5 and everything was OK till one day, and then i installed cs6 and the problem is still there.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to Fernado Rodriguez

To clearify, does video play well in CS5 but not CS6?  Or once you installed CS6 it does not play on CS5 or CS6?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to Curt Y

it was good in cs5 for some time. now its not playing well on BOTH CS5 AND CS6, sorry for not saying it

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to Fernado Rodriguez

There is no logical reason for adding CS6 should affect CS5.  So if the video does not play well now with CS5 something has changed.  THe most likely culprit is the video card driver.  Having the latest is not always the best.  Can you recall if you updated your driver since it played well in CS5?

If you go to preferences/advanced and click "use software rendering" do this make any difference?

What OS are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 9:01 AM   in reply to Curt Y

i think a updated drivers, i have windows7 64 , and also when im trying to close bridge it's not responding

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 11, 2013 9:33 AM   in reply to Fernado Rodriguez

Fernado Rodriguez wrote:

i think a updated drivers, i have windows7 64 , and also when im trying to close bridge it's not responding

Perhaps your driver is crashing?

Open the Event Viewer in OS and see if you can find an entry "Faulting Modue".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points