Skip navigation
DodsonTracyL
Currently Being Moderated

Image Process is not closing the files In CS6 - what do I do?

Nov 16, 2012 8:20 PM

Tags: #image #processor #cs6-extended

When using Image processor (from Bridge) - the files all save to a jpg folder in my main folder but NONE of the files close in CS6 at all.  How do I get them to close?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

Hi. You’ve posted your question in a forum that is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop.  I'm moving your question to the Bridge forum for specialized attention to your situation.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

Are you highlighting the images that you want processed?  If so they are not open, just selected.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

A reinstall rarely solves the problem.  Not sure what you mean by being open and unable to close.  Does this mean you can not deselect the highlighted  photos?  Are you waiting until the spinning arrow at bottom left corner has stopped?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 11:36 AM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

In Bridge preferences/startup scripts do you at least have a check mark for bridge and PS?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,999 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

Should I  reinstall CS6?

I agree with Curt, a better solution might be to refresh the preferences for Bridge and maybe even for Photoshop. But can you deliver a screenshot from your settings in the Image Processor window when you use Bridge and can you also provide a screenshot from the Image Processor in PS it self (menu File - Scripts / image Processor).

Or did you check yourself if the settings for both your laptop and desktop are exactly the same?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 6:53 PM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

Can you run a few without the action?  Perhaps something in that is blocking the closing?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 7:31 PM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

No problem, sometimes it is the simple things that trip us up.  That is why a screen shot can give an outsider a look at what you see, but don't see. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points