Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any way to make Cursors/Pointers more visible?

Nov 16, 2012 10:54 PM

I have a large monitor set to high resolution and I have enabled Large Pointers and Cursors using the Windows 7 Mouse control panel. I don't have problems viewing the cursor or pointer in any apps except Photoshop and In Design. When I mouse over content, I can't located my insertion point or the pointer. I have to wiggle the mouse and hope to catch it by triangulating it's expected position based on the indicators on both rulers. It's really frustrating and I wondered if anyone knew of any way to modify the cursor/pointer styles in In Design and/or Photoshop. Maybe a plugin or something?

I have tried custom Windows 7 cursors sets, but those options are get overriden by these apps. Any advice of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am running CS6 on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

Jase

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to jaseinatl@gmail.com

There's a setting on windows that makes rings appear around the cursor when you press the Ctrl key, plus there are other settings to help see here how to do it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6533004_locate-pc-cursor-desktop-screen.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 12:09 AM   in reply to Trevorׅ

This is what it say's there.

Instructions

Click the "Start" button and then click "Control Panel."

Double-click the "Mouse" icon. If "Mouse" is not shown on the Control Panel, click "Printers and Other Hardware" and then click "Mouse."
        Click the "Pointer Options" tab.
        Place a check in the box labeled "Display pointer trails" to have Windows display a trail behind the cursor as you move the mouse.
        Click "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key" to have Windows display a flashing ring around your pointer every time you press the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard.
        Click the drop-down menu under "Scheme" and select "Magnified" or any scheme that says "Extra Large" at the end. All of these mouse pointer schemes make the mouse cursor much larger and easier to see.
        Click "OK" to save your settings.

Read more:  How to Locate a PC Cursor on a Desktop Screen | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6533004_locate-pc-cursor-desktop-screen.html#i xzz2CYl47g00

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 2:29 PM   in reply to jaseinatl@gmail.com

No problem Jase,

Strange though, the Ctrl trick works very well for me

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status