Skip navigation
mark_al
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 Slow Motion: How good is it?

Nov 17, 2012 12:48 AM

Tags: #slow-motion #premiere_elements_11

Premiere Elements 11 has a number of new features, but none of them are of real interest to me except for the possibility of improved slow motion control.

I would like to know the robustness of PE 11's slow motion. I have PE10 and, as doubtless other users are aware, slow motion achieved through dialing down the speed through time stretch is very limited. Currently, when I want to get something "really" slow (i.e. as good as you can get with PE 10) I have to export the clip, then import the result into the project, slow it down some more, export it again, import it again, etc.  Not a great workflow and not necessarily great results either.

Does the PE 11 slow motion feature allow one to dramatically slow down a clip while maintaining some naturalness to the slowed movement? I wouldn't expect an effect along the lines of the Matrix but I would expect it to be avoiding the appearance of a herky jerky frame by frame rendition of a slowed down scene.

Can anyone with experience using it give an opinion of slow motion in PE11, particulary in comparison with PE 10? I'd appreciate it.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points