Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bug reported but no acknowledgement from Adobe

Nov 17, 2012 7:37 AM

Hi,

I have identified a bug in DW but there is still no acknowledge by Adobe Engineering Team. So what was the point of reporting when there is no efforts on their part to acknowledge such reporting.

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to Reynold Dreamweaver CS6

Did you even read information on the bug report page before you submitted the 'bug' you 'identified'?

We normally do not send personal replies to feature requests or bug reports. We do, however, read each and every message. We use the information to improve our products and services. Your comments, suggestions, and ideas for improvements are very important to us. We appreciate you taking the time to send us this information.

Available here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 9:45 AM   in reply to Reynold Dreamweaver CS6

Sorry you feel this way, but quite honestly I've submitted many, many bug reports to browser & software developers over the years.  Rarely if ever do I receive a personal reply from them.  Nor do I expect to. If developers spent all their time sending personal replies for every bug submission they receive, they would have no time to work on fixing bugs.

If you want a dialogue, join an official beta testing team.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to Reynold Dreamweaver CS6

The most important thing is that the 'bug' you have identified and submitted actually be a bug.  So far, I have not seen anything in any of your posts that would qualify as a bug.  In addition, the bug must be repeatable - that means it must happen every time you execute a series of steps.  Finally, you must describe (in detail) the steps required to demonstrate the bug.  As I said, I have not seen anything that would meet these criteria yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to Reynold Dreamweaver CS6

Reynold Dreamweaver CS6 wrote:

... As user we need to be seen and acknowledge. As Engineers they need to communicate else there will be a stale mate.

You might find this interesting: http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/11/join-the-dreamweaver-pre-re lease-group.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to Reynold Dreamweaver CS6

The dicussion has thrown up a BUG but we were busy correcting it. It is the Insert>Data>Insert Record. POST is captilised. when it should only be lower case (I think you remember we had this conversion).

It is in the panels as well. So if you hand coded it you wouldnt have put it in the form action as captialised POST but lowercase POST. The panel does that. Hence, if you automate and generate the code from the insert record in the server side behaviours panel you get this.

I remember this conversation, and you are confused.  The insert record server behavior DOES NOT WRITE ANY HTML. It requires that you have a page that already has a form on it.  Try this -

1.  Create a new PHP page.

2.  Save it.

3.  Try inserting an insert record server behavior on this new page.

You are told that before using this behavior, you must first insert a form.  That means that *you* are the one responsible for putting an uppercase "POST" in the form's method attribute if that is what you are referring to.  If, however, you are talking about PHP's use of the auto-global $_POST, then that is supposed to be uppercase. Neither of those is a bug.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to Reynold Dreamweaver CS6

So the capitalised code is an auto-code generation.

If I inform you that I did not touch that line why are you assuming I did.

Sorry - but this is mistaken.  There is not a bug in that operation.

The insert record server behavior requires that you first create a page and insert a form on it.  When you do that, the form is properly inserted according to your doctype and the settings in your PREFERENCES.  There is NO bug here.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 2:51 PM   in reply to Reynold Dreamweaver CS6

None of these are anything other than symptoms of an inexperienced operator. I have said that all along.

Please post the explicit steps that will allow someone to reproduce your bug.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points