Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore cs6 button selection vs. activation

Nov 17, 2012 9:23 AM

Having trouble figuring out what I'm doing wrong with my menu buttons. I'm trying to make buttons that show both selection (a blue marker) and activation (a red marker).

Here's my layers in Photoshop cs6:

photoshop buttons.png

And here's what Encore is showing me:

encore buttons.png

Note that in the Encore menu panel I clicked on the "show selected state" button to get the picture shown above. I was surprised that I didn't get all blue button markers. Blue is the color of the (=1) prefixed layers in Photoshop. Red is the color of the (=2) prefixed layers.

What Encore actually seems to be doing is just showing the layer at the top of the layer stack for the button, without any regard to the prefix. I say that because I get exactly the same results when I click on the "show activated state" button in the Encore menu panel.

What I want, is for the selected state to show a blue marker, and for the activated state to show a red marker. Seems simple, yet I've been beating my head against the wall for the last day trying to make it work. I've read the docs over and over and, well, they aren't helping. So I'm asking here: What am I doing wrong to mess this up?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 10:59 AM   in reply to cfg_2451

I cannot get this straight, but the actual appearance is set by the color set. You probably have "automatic" set, and the defaults are for the selected and activated to be the same. Depending on the player, activated is very short. Change the color set to "default," and you may be able to see a difference.

I've got to play with this some more.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to cfg_2451

Sorry I have not been able to get back to this... Consider this a bump!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points