Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Scanning into Photoshop CS6

Nov 17, 2012 10:52 AM

Tags: #import #scanner

So I just finally updated my OS and my Photoshop and just encountered something I wasn't expecting.  I have an Epson GT15000 scanner(big one with a feeder) I installed all the drivers and everything and the scanner works fine, but I can't seem to open the scanner from Photoshop to scan directly into the program.  I can open the scanner independently and scan it to a saved file and then open it in photoshop.  But it only has limited file type options so I'm basically forced to save it as one file so that I can then open it in photoshop and resave it as something else which is kinda a rediculous inbetween step and also leaves me with extra files that need to be deleted.  Since the scanner itself hasn't changed and still functions the same otherwise I'm assuming it's because I'm using a new version of Photoshop.  I'm also assuming that I actually can scan in the program, just not in the way that I'm used to.  I used to go to import, and the scanner would appear on the menu for me to select it.  It doesn't appear there now though, and I'm not really sure where else to look for it.

Any thoughts, anybody?

Thanks

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points