Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problems Importing Large SWF into separate Flash File

Nov 17, 2012 4:55 PM

Hi, I have a question about importing Flash files into other Flash files.

Here are my steps

1. I imported an rendered image sequence (170 still images) into Flash, then saved the file and exported it as an .swf

2. I then imported the above .swf movie (12 mb) into the Library of another flash file (my final movie)

Problem

When I dragged the .swf onto the stage it did not show up. I’ve done this with smaller .swf files and it worked with no problem.

Am I doing this correctly or is there another better way to do it? Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to Comp. 792

I am not sure what the problem might be if the object appears in the library intact - does it?  One other thing you could try is to copy the timeline of that swf into a movieclip in the newer file and see if that works.

For 12MB worth of imagery you oughta consider dynamically loading the images (or the swf) rather than importing them into the fla file.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 8:30 PM   in reply to Comp. 792

Yes, whatever assets the swf file contains will be placed in the library.  You might just find anoither symbol in the library that you use instead instead of dragging the swf file onto the stage... there might be a movieclip representation of it that got created when you imported it that might be what you need to place on the stage.

As far as the timeline approach goes, you would be copying the timeline, not importing it, using right-click/copy frames/paste frames.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 4:14 AM   in reply to Comp. 792

You're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers