Skip navigation
G Bingaman
Currently Being Moderated

Chrome 23 "Pepper - based Flash Player" not displaying my Flash based Website

Nov 17, 2012 7:19 PM

Tags: #error #flash #website #safari #firefox #not_working #chrome

My website is completly flash based and has been up for a few years. We've recently had several calls about our images not showing up and sure enough, several of our core scrolling images (see Home and Architecture pages) were not rendering in Chrome 23 with Peper-based flash player.  Works fine in IE and Firefox, but I hear that Safari is a no go. Take a look at the site: www.antenoraarchitects.com and let me know if you have any insights to offer.

The site is hosted on IIS6, and uses PHP calls to an SQL database. It seems odd that many of the page elements work fine in Chrome, but a few do not. They appear to be downloading and then just go blank. While in IE, they all render fine. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

G Bingaman

Antenora Architects

Austin, TX

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 28, 2012 3:49 AM   in reply to G Bingaman

Did you manage to get around this problem at all? I have a very similar setup - an old flash site running on IIS6 with some PHP behind the scenes to pull data from a MySQL database. I have a gallery of images that has worked for 4 years or more that last week stopped working in Chrome. I can only assume its the Flash player update thats broken it but in terms of a fix I dont know where to start. Could it be a security issue?

Using Fiddler I can see that the images are being requested and returned fine with a 200 status code but they just dont show up inside the Flash.

Anything anyone can suggest as to how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2012 5:12 PM   in reply to G Bingaman

I'm sorry I missed this thread and haven't responded.  Please see our latest Flash Player 11.5 beta which should address this bug (I've verified this over at http://www.antenoraarchitects.com/.)  Because Chrome uses a built in version of Flash, you'll need to override this version using the steps in the help doc below:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-goog le-chrome.html

This of course is not optimal and I'm asking around internally to see when Google will be picking up this fix for their built in version.  We expect to push this fix (and others) to our release channel within the next couple weeks.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 28, 2013 9:19 AM   in reply to G Bingaman

Im having a simlar problem on my site http://internetdatingawards.com/ Can some one help?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points