Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Working in full screen

Nov 17, 2012 8:25 PM

I'm getting the impression that I am behind the times, or else in my own world about how people use Photoshop- what happened to hotkeys in fullscreen?

[This question is regarding working in Photoshop's 'Full Screen Mode']

-Premise: I like working in full screen mode. I see only my composition, and access all of Photoshop's functionality with hotkeys.

• It used to be that, in Full Screen mode, one could press alt+f to access the file menu, or any other menu using the correct letter. But this has been removed I guess? Does anyone else rely on this feature? Is there anyway to get the same results in Photoshop without leaving fullscreen?
  • What happened to alt+'space' to access the common Windows Application menu for things like Minimize, Maximize, Move, Close, etc? I see that I can click on the PS icon at the top right, but this is not the same: consider those of us who use multiple monitors, sometimes the application closes on one monitor and then is re-opened when that monitor is no longer present. In cases like these, the application is stuck on a non-existent monitor with no way to use it. Alt+'space' used to be the solution for this.

Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 9:05 PM   in reply to Pacoan

My guess is because the menu is not visible, there is no way to display a sub menu{In other words Adobe did not make that provision in the code}. Alt-space is being used by photoshop so the OS can not use it.

However all the ctrl-keyboard shortcuts still work is is really considered the norm.

In normal mode (menu is visible, take a look just to the right of the sub menu option and you will see the keyboard short cut). Also in the Edit>keyboardshortcuts or {Alt-shift-ctrl-K} you will find a Summarize button, this will generate an html file containing all the keyboard shortcuts for your copy of photoshop. Meaning it includes any changes you have made.

Also take note of what happens when you use the rightmouse button and shift-right mouse button when the cursor is over the document.

I hope this helps...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 10:23 PM   in reply to Pacoan

Does it work if you use Alt+Win (windows logo key)+Space to access the common Windows Application menu (system menu)?

What version of photoshop and version of windows are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 12:27 AM   in reply to Pacoan

alt-win-space does work in normal mode, but not in full screen mode. Again, I assume it is due to no menus being displayed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 1:02 AM   in reply to Pacoan

For the windows dialogs like below it does (not for the photoshop menus)

You might try pressing the esc key first.

I see what you though as sometimes it takes some doing to get them to work.

below in fullscreen mode on photoshop cs6 windows 8

Untitled-2.png

Untitled-1.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 6:36 AM   in reply to R_Kelly

Has anybody find a way to access the Applicaton Menus in Full Screen Mode yet?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points