Skip navigation
markturner1960
Currently Being Moderated

new to CS6, 2 questions

Nov 18, 2012 5:29 AM

Hi, I am following the digital classroom book lessons and 2 things dont work as they should?

firstly, I cant get the reset preferences window to appear, as isntructed, by holding  ctrl/alt/shift down and opening the application - I just get the details of the shortcut. tried on the actual.exe file and still dont get the window as described.

secondly, the hand tool does not seem to work? I select it, the 4 options appear in the tool bar above and the little hand Icon, but clicking and dragging on the file in the open window, has no eefect, I cant move the file around the window as I supposed to be able to do.

Any ideas please?

Thank you, Mark

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Nov 18, 2012 6:02 AM   in reply to markturner1960

With  Photoshop not started click on the shortcut to start Photoshop then press Ctrl+Alt+Shift. You should get the following pop-up message.

prefreset..jpg

With the hand tool if the image is at some zoom scale where the whole image fit on your display there is nothing to drag about try hitting Ctrl++ a few time to increase the zoom so there are scroll bars then see if you can drag the image about.  You don't even need to select the hand tool just hold down the space bar and you will be in hand mode...

scrollbars.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to markturner1960

In addition to what JJMack added after starting photoshop you have to IMMEDIATELDLY  hold down the 3 keys.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 12:25 AM   in reply to markturner1960

I could get the hand tool to work if the application was in full screen mode, but not while in the smaller default window

As far as I understand in Standard Screen Mode one can not move an image with the Hand Tool if it is already fully visible.

If that is not the issue here could you please post a screenshot to clarify?

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Nov 19, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to markturner1960

As I wrote if the image fit at the zoom level into the Image window or tab it can not be dragged. If zoomed so it does not fit even if in only one side there will be active scroll bars and the document in that window can be dragged about.

dragimg.jpg

In the above all three images can be dragged about in the below only the to right can same set of images different zoom levels

toprt.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points