Skip navigation
keith&mary\'s imac
Currently Being Moderated

Uploaded Photos cannot be seen on web page

Nov 18, 2012 4:11 AM

Hello, I have moved from DW CS3 to DW CS6 edu. I am unable to see online, new photographs that I have uploaded onto the remote site in my 'Artwork folder'. 

I have done everything I used to with CS3 ie. reduced size of photos in photoshop and saved them as jpgs, uploaded them using both Cider Duck and Transport (these do the job).

I type a few words on my 'index' page under the new photos that I have already uploaded to the 'remote site'. I then saved the page in my home folder (the new photos are already saved in my local folder).

When I upload the index page to the remote and view online I see the Typo but not the photos . . .

Any help would be grateful . . . Chlo&Nick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 4:34 AM   in reply to keith&mary\'s imac

What is a link to the page?  It's unlikely that the FTP application used has any relevance here.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Nov 18, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to keith&mary\'s imac

+1 Murray.

It is possibly wrong code.

Can we see your webpage?

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Nov 18, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to keith&mary\'s imac

The image file your HTML code contains does not exist on your server - http://www.dogportraits.me.uk/Artwork/Dog%20Artwork%20%28SMALL%29/Simp sons%20Puppy%20Dogs%20small%20for%20web.jpg

The Intel systems will most certainly run CS3. Maybe if you could give us more info, we could help you run CS3 on your new Intel Mac.

First off, please remove spaces in your filenames. Use hyphens or underscores instead. Also, normalize them - use lowercase only. Most webservers (especially Windows webservers like the one you're on right now) have issues with uppercase filenames and spaces most times.

For Mac FTP clients, I'd recommend Filezilla. It's free and it works just great.

Upload the image file for both the images again to your server in the specified location as in your HTML file. It will work.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

Unless you are having problems with FTP, I can't see any reason to change away from using DW.  While Filezilla is nice, and free, it's definitely not as convenient as using DW.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Nov 19, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to keith&mary\'s imac

You're welcome.

Please feel free to post back if you have any more questions.

Happy to help

-ST

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points