Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Speed effect percentage grayed out?

Nov 18, 2012 9:50 AM

I've been using the Time Remapping to freeze certain frame for title notes. Now I lost control of the percentage number. I've tried selecting all manner of track combinations and toggling Keyframes in the Timeline. It's funny that I can still move the keyframes in both the Effects Control panel and the Timline, but I can't adjust speed at any point. What am I missing? Thanks.

Why is Speed greyed out.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 4:29 PM   in reply to BCuzzillo

I don't know if this will help, but check it out: http://layersmagazine.com/time-remap-in-premiere-pro.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 7:13 PM   in reply to BCuzzillo

I don't see anything amiss in your posted image.  Everything looks as it should.  The 'rubberband' is the norm for adjusting the speed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 8:36 PM   in reply to BCuzzillo

The text speed value, e.g. "47%", is supposed to be live and indicated as such by orange text and underlining.

I don't believe that's correct.  It wouldn't be the first time the Help file had the wrong info.

To me, drag means to move or slide something.  Scrub most often refers to perusing footage at faster than normal speed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 9:40 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I would be able to accept drag or scrub for the parameters, but only scrub for perusing footage as Jim put it. I would rather have drag be for the parameters and scrub be for the footage, regardless of how similar the movement is with the mouse.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points