Skip navigation
Gosport James
Currently Being Moderated

AME Settings...Which do I use?

Nov 18, 2012 12:16 PM

I have a HDV 1440x1080i 29.97fps timeline and I'm just not sure what options to take in the Encoder. Either H.254 Bu-ray or MPEG2 Blu-ray...? Then either 1440x1081i 29.97 High Quality or HDTV 1080i 29.97 High Quality...?How do I know which way to go? I have taken five shots at this this past week and my deadline is fast approaching...all attempts have failed, hoping you can give me a clue and that this one will cook properly. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 1:33 PM   in reply to Gosport James

This might sound like a stupid question, but it has to be asked. Are you exporting for the purpose of putting it on a Blu-Ray disc?

Read this: http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/exporting-dvd-or-blu-ray.htm l

Sorry, but we need a bit more info to answer properly. 

If you just want to export for other reasons, you will probably use H.264 and use a preset designed for your needs.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 7:17 PM   in reply to Gosport James

the export will be burned to a HD DVD disc.

That standard doesn't exist any more.  Blu-ray is the only option these days.

So...use an H.264 Blu-ray preset that matches your footage.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 7:48 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

As Jim said.

Just for the heck of it I exported a few seconds of HDV using the settings shown below. I then imported it into Encore and it was accepted without any additional transcoding required as shown in the second picture. When it says "Don't Transcode" in Encore it means it is already acceptable according to the Blu-Ray standard.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points