Skip navigation
Torleon
Currently Being Moderated

Registration problem.

Nov 18, 2012 12:51 PM

I have completed the licence arrangement, where I received my serial number for Photoshop CS6 Extended, which was a download ( the first time I have not had a physical version ). The product is installed, and running fine on my IMac Intel. However, I have always preferred to register Photoshop, as I have done since version 7, but when I attempt to do this, I recieve a message that my serial code is invalid ! I have double and triple checked this to be absolutely sure that the serial nuber is the one I received, and which is running Photoshop, but I just keep getting the same message - most frustrating !

I am not on a subscription, as I only use Photoshop in conjunction with a number of 3D software, but would prefer to have the product registered, but I seem to have hit a brick wall on this. Any suggestions please ? I am on some very tight deadlines, so don`t have much additional free time to spend trying to figure this out, but always ready to listen to good advise

Many Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 5:03 PM   in reply to Torleon

I can't help you torleon, but I suggest you get in touch with support straight away. I had exactly the same error as you when trying to register cs5 7 - 8 months ago and now it won't activate at all using the same serial numer after a reinstall on a new pc.  Adobe have basically washed their hands of me and will do nothing to help.  Sort it now and don't leave it, at least you may get your money back if you're lucky.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to Torleon

I agree that Registration is a very good thing to do, and have done so for every version, from PS 2.5 (even before FAX machines, and it was mail only).

Now, were you able to Activate (different than Registration)?

Did you buy your copy from the Adobe Store, or a certified reseller?

Was this an upgrade, or a stand-alone license?

I agree that a call to Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), should be able to sort things out. Going way, way back, I upgraded Illustrator, but Adobe had changed the S/N conventions, and my older one, did not show in the database. It took me all of five mins. (including hold time), to get it installed, and then Registered (was well before Activation).

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 7:55 AM   in reply to Torleon

Torleon,

Glad that things seem to be going more smoothly, though perhaps not perfect.

Just thinking about things here, I wonder if Adobe Registered your product, when you bought the download, thus "using" that S/N? As I have never bought a download version, I do not know how that part of the transaction transpires. With the physical media (the way that I buy my Adobe software, and usually from the Adobe Store, or maybe directly from Amazon - never from a 3rd party Amazon reseller), I DO Register, after Activation, and have had no issues.

However, years back, my Adobe ID got messed up, and suddenly all my Adobe product Registrations disappeared. I tried to re-Register them, but could not, as all of those S/N's were used - just to an Adobe ID, that had gone missing. Took several hours on the phone, to get that sorted out. Because it has been so long now, I do not recall the error message that I received, when I tried to re-Register, but think that it might have been along the lines of "Invalid S/N," though all WERE valid, but had been used by that missing Adobe ID.

Again, just thinking above, and possibly of no use to you.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 2:21 PM   in reply to Torleon

Hi Torleon,

I believe you can check on the registration by verifying the serial number is present with your AdobeID profile. Starting with CS6, we made registration with Adobe ID required, but there is a grace period so you can bypass it on install. Here's a post on the reasoning why: http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2012/03/adobe-id-required-for-photoshop-cs 6-beta-and-upcoming-cs-6-products.html

Here's the html paste from a help doc (hopefully it formats somewhat legibly).

regards,

steve

Did you check your Adobe account online?

#

Your serial number is just three steps away.

# 

Step 1 Step 2
    After signing in to your Adobe account, go to "My Products and Services". A list of products you bought are displayed here. Click the arrow in the extreme left column.
    Step 3
    The serial number for that product will be displayed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 5:42 PM   in reply to Torleon

Hi Torleon,

I'll follow up with a private message to get your case number. We're coming up quickly on a national holiday here in the US, so I'm not sure how quickly I can set you up with a better contact to sort this out.

Even though you're activation appears to be working, I want to make sure nothing stupid happens due to the required registration bit.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to Torleon

Torleon,

It will likely not be until Monday, Nov. 26, as I think that Adobe is closed from Thursday - Sunday in the USA.

Good luck, and hope that you get resolution. I am sure that Steve can get you the help that you need.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 10:11 PM   in reply to Torleon

Hi Torleon,

Sorry for the delay. I did get your info, but hadn't had the time to repsond yet.

regards,

steve

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 3:48 AM   in reply to SG...

Hi Torleon

I am having the same issue. Used Adobe Volume Licensing to upgrade our PS versions on Mac & PC to PS6 and although it successfully activated, it keep nagging us to 'complete the registration'. When we tried to register we had the same issue as you - invalid serial number. I called Adobe support to be told it doesn't need to be registered against my Adobe ID as it is already registered on their Volume Licensing system. All well and fine, but the product doesn't know that and continually throws up the 'Complete Registration' message.

It seems Adobe need to get its left hand to know what their right hand is doing and get their two systems to talk to each other. So, Adobe the ball is in your court...what are you going to do about it?

PS6Regerror.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points