Skip navigation
markfinley
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with adding audio track

Nov 18, 2012 1:53 PM

OK, I'm trying to take a a video that has an audio track recorded with the onboard mic, and then sync with it some audio recorded directly from the console.  Neither audio file by itself it good enough, but both can be blended together nicely

My problem is that with elements 10, the second audio file I add is really hard to see.  I can tell it's there, but it's very faint, almost greyed out.  In an older version of pro I had I could see all audio files equally, so syncing was a snap.   Yes, the audio is strong enough, and I have expanded the timeline track with the arrow.

Is there a way to make audio 2 look like audio 1?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 2:30 PM   in reply to markfinley

Can you post a screen-cap, showing what you are seeing?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 2:47 PM   in reply to markfinley

It appears that the Amplitude of the two Audio Clips differ. When you play the Timeline with the Audio Mixer open, do those two Audio Clips show the same Levels, on the VU Meters?

To expand the upper Audio Clip, you can go to the Audio Track Header, and hover the Cursor along that line between the Audio & Video. When the Cursor changes to an equal sign with up/down arrows, click+drag up, to zoom vertically, until the Waveform of that Clip expands, to see it more clearly. Finding that exact spot, where the Cursor changes can take some hovering, but when you see the Cursor change, you know that you are there.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to markfinley

Is one of the Audio Clips Selected, where the other is not?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points