Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to change code color scheme

Nov 18, 2012 5:41 PM

Hello I have DW CS6 on Windows 7 and would like to use a custom .xml file to change my colors in code view. When I try to copy and paste this .xml file into one of two locations nothing happens. Any suggestions much appreciated. Do I have to do something in the registgry?

Here's the theme:

http://www.highonphp.com/dark-dreamweaver-theme-aurza

Here's the paths where I copied Colors.xml -- none worked -- which one is the right one?:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\en_US\Configuration\CodeColoring

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS6\configuration\CodeColoring

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 10:34 PM   in reply to Illusiumd11

The first folder - your personal user folder. That is where the colors.xml should go in.

Restart DW after that.

To restore it back to original settings, you can clear cache or rename the en_us\Configuration folder to Configuration.old or something. DW will recreate the user configuration to default when it restarts.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2014 2:01 PM   in reply to Illusiumd11

Today I was trying to figure out how to do this, but I wasn't seeing these folders in Window's explorer under my user name. I'm on a machine at work that's managed by the IT department. If I navigate to my user folder on the hard drive, and actually type in/copy and paste the path "AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\en_US\Configuration\CodeColoring" then I can see the files and copy over my xml file. Just thought I'd share in case someone had the same issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points