Skip navigation
Megnme7
Currently Being Moderated

Trial Version Popup will not go away

Nov 18, 2012 5:49 PM

Tags: #version #install #trial #cs6 #popup

I previously downloaded a trial version of PS6 after it expired I purchased and installed PS6 via disks. When I now try to run PS6 the trial version popup appears and states trial version expired. I reenter my license number which causes PS6 to work for a few days (if that) then I have to re-do this process. Please help figure out what files I need to remove to prevent this from happening.

I am running Windows 7.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 5:53 PM   in reply to Megnme7

Welcome to the forums.

After the trial expired, did you Uninstall that?

If you did, and then Installed the full-paid version, I wonder if some remnants of the trial, are still hanging around? If so, then I would Uninstall the full-paid version, run the Adobe Creative Cleaner Tool a few times, rebooting between each run, then Install, and Activate the full-paid version.

Adobe Creative Cleaner Tool: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2012 7:54 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Oh, and be sure deactivate the current installation first via the Help menu, if it offers you that choice (not a certainty, given what you've described, but you should check).

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 10:15 AM   in reply to Megnme7

I've had the same problem since September. Did you try the Cleaner tool? And if so, was it successful? The Adobe phone help staff had me do all kinds of things and none worked, but none mentioned the Cleaner.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points