Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to 'disable' 3D in main stage?

Nov 18, 2012 9:28 PM

Tags: #3d #button #disable #moving #stage #main

Hello,

I am relatively new to Adobe Flash and have been enjoying it so far!  However, I seem to have hit a stumbling block.  I am using nested movie clips to display a moving button on the main stage.  In a nutshell, the button says "play" and uses 3D tools in nested layers to make it rotate back and forth.  It is not very complex 3D.

The problem is that when I drag this button from the library into the main stage, I have to keep it in the middle of the scene, otherwise it skews out of proportion.  For example, if I drag it to the right of the scene, it seems as if I am viewing it from its left side.  I just want the button to always appear 'straight on,' no matter where I drag it on the main timeline. 

Is this possible?  I can try to be more specific, if I it is too confusing.  Thank you very much for your help!

Here are 2 pictures to help illustrate what I am trying to say.  I want the "play" button on the first image to always look like that, even if I drag it to the right of the main stage:

dilemma.jpg

Replies
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 19, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to Nathan Towle

use your button's prospectiveProjection property's projectionCenter to change it to the button's center.  for example, if your button is b:

var pp:PerspectiveProjection = new PerspectiveProjection();

pp.projectionCenter = new Point(b.width/2,b.height/2);

b.transform.perspectiveProjection = pp

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to Nathan Towle

Don't forget if you animate that button, set the new perspective every single frame of the animation.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,212 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 19, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to Nathan Towle

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...