Skip navigation
shazamphotography
Currently Being Moderated

menu button showing incorrect slideshow in encore cs6

Nov 18, 2012 11:45 PM

Hi, building my first dvd,, if I review project from menu - on of the buttons is showing an incorrect slideshow BUT if I preview from flowchart area it is showing the correct slideshow, this is my first DVD so if anyone can help me out that would be great BTW I have rebuilt it and it still does the same thing !!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 8:05 PM   in reply to shazamphotography

Please post a screenshot of your flowchart.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 9:16 PM   in reply to shazamphotography

I don't see the problem. What you have should work.

What happens if you start preview and select button 2 instead of button 1?

Experimenting with the project risks corrupting it, but I suspect that is already the problem. An experiment would be to remove the button one link to slideshow 1, and see if button two will play its correct slideshow.

It may take a bit longer, but you may want to start (another) brand new project, new name, new directory for good measure. Add a single menu and create the problem slideshow. Set the end action of the slideshow to "return to last menu." Link it. Does it play in preview? If so, add the original first slideshow and link it to a button.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to shazamphotography

One method; select the button, click on the link contents and hit delete. You may need to select the link in that box.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 8:16 AM   in reply to shazamphotography

btw how to I add menus and buttons to the library I don't have only in there and just imported this one though PS

Go here and follow the directions. There are numerous threads on this, but the full answer has improved over time.

http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/using/download-library-content.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 8:33 AM   in reply to shazamphotography

I imported new slideshows and tryed that as well but it still does it

When you say imported a slideshow, do you mean imported the images again and created the slideshow?

I this doesn't sort itself out quickly, and since you say you are new, create a new test project to play with doing links.

Import your one menu. Select it and duplicate it twice. Edit the  header on each one so you can tell them apart. Set menu one's (the first one you imported will be set as first play) first bu tton to link to menu 2 and its second button to link to menu 3. Set menu two's first button to link to menu 1 and its second to menu 3 etc.

Does it work?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points