Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sound Tracks show up as 2.0 instead of 5.1 and nameing the tracks

Nov 19, 2012 5:57 AM

Hi,

I build a DVD / BR with 5.1 ac3 sound which plays fine on our sourround test system, so the sound IS 5.1. But from the information of the BR Player and from a Test Playstation the information says it is a 2.0 audio track.

I'm a bit confused. I exported the ac3 from Premiere via "Export as Blue Ray" Audio only.

May be I missed something?

The second question: Is it possible to label the tracks in some kind, so that the usual drop down or pop up menues from DVD/BR Players show that there are different audio tracks?

E.g. I do have one 5.1 track with less dynamic for 'Home System' playback and a more dynamic track for cinema / theater playback.

It would be fine to switch to the correct track from the players menu and not have to guess wich one is playing...or do I have to set up a DVD/BR start menue where your can click on the wanted track?

Thanks and regads.

Using Adobe Encore CS 5 and soon CS6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to greinick

Did you export from Premiere using the Surcode plugin?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 6:13 AM   in reply to greinick

Make a feature request. They eventually added stereo ac3, which used to be provided only with the paid plugin.

Feature Request

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 9:55 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

That's because the licensing from Dolby changed.  But they don't give away their 5.1 license free.  So including that in every copy of PP would likely drive up the price.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to greinick

The reason that you heard what sounded like 5.1 from your system, is that your receiver probably created a faux 5.1 effect.

If you ran your DD AC3 file through, say MediaInfo, it would show 2-channel, and not 6-channel.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points