Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Thumbnails in Bridge lost in files saved with AE CS6

Nov 19, 2012 1:32 PM

On Windows I have some templates (aet) from AE 7 and CS3 that include thumbnails in the XMP, and Bridge CS6 shows these.  If I open these templates in AE CS6 and save them out, no thumbnail is preserved/added to the XMP.

I looked through the preferences for AE CS6 and I can't find anything related to saving out previews/thumbnails in the XMP for a project or template. 

Is there a setting that will allow me to get thumbnails in the XMP that I would see in Bridge?  Was this a capability that was dropped some time between CS3 and CS6?

David Blake

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 7:59 AM   in reply to David Blake

Yeah, likely it's one of those things that fell of the cart somewehre along the way. Never cared much for this, so I can't even tell you when it possibly might have been removed...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 9:34 AM   in reply to David Blake

We all have different priorities, I guess. Can't even remember when I last fired up Bridge, not even from Photoshop...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 1:34 PM   in reply to David Blake

Were you ever able to save thumbnails to templates that you created? I would be very surprised if you had. The thumbnails saved into the template projects that come with After Effects were manually injected by us; we have never had a feature to do that for user-created templates.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 2:09 PM   in reply to David Blake

Yes, those are the templates that we created and manually injected previews for.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points