Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Editing text in Photoshop Elements 9

Nov 19, 2012 9:42 AM

I scanned a photo and it has text already on the photo, but it is blurry.  How can I fix just the text portion of the photo?

  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 12:47 PM   in reply to JMULL39

    Unless the area with the text is very large, consider covering it and typing the text.

    I have PSEv.8, and  these directions should apply to PSEv.9 as well


    Open a blank layer at the top

    With the Marquee tool, you can outline a selection around the text, fill it with color of choice.

    Access the Type tool and type the replacement text.

    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 5:51 PM   in reply to JMULL39

    If the blur is small with compared to the size of text, you can try removing the blur.

    1. With the Marquee tool, outline a selection around the text, right click the image and select "Layer via copy"
    2. Select the newly created layer and use Enhance> Adjust Sharpness. You can learn more about sharpening images in PSE from here
    3. Make a mask around the processed layer and remove the effect of Sharpening from the unwanted area
    Mark as:

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points