Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how to restore timeline panel to default

Nov 19, 2012 9:49 AM

I am just getting started with After Effects and I am following a lesson online.

I have noticed though that my timeline panel has a huge gap between the switches and the parent columns.

How do I fix  that?

This is making the time graph area too small.AE timeline panel.png

Will appreciate if you give me a clue.

As a matter of fact I've been trying to figure out how to restore the whole thing to default settings.

It said to hold ctrl+alt+shift while starting After Effects but it won't work.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to videope

You can delete them manually from the prefs folder. Info here: Important Directories. The shortcut should work, too, but timing may be tricky, as today's computers are so fast...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 4:33 PM   in reply to videope

This should also work:

Reset_Workspace.png

Also you can move panels around by clicking on the tabs with the panel's name, holding down the mouse button and letting it go once you've found the highlight that correctly indicates where you want to move the panel.  You can also undock the panels by right clicking and pressing Undock Panel.   You can then move the panel around and drop it wherever the highlight indicates.  Then adjust the size of the panels, by hovering over the edges until the double arrow cursor appears.  This way you can completely customize your workspace.  I work with two monitors so I do this all the time depending on what I'm doing in After Effects and what panels I need.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points