Skip navigation
karaannmbb
Currently Being Moderated

How do I get video clips into Organizer from Elements?

Nov 19, 2012 11:23 AM

I have broken my raw video into pieces in elements but can't get it to import into organizer.

I am using Elements 11 Trial.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to karaannmbb

Premiere Elements has its own forum and you'll get better help with video questions there. This one is just for Photoshop Elements. I'll move this for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to karaannmbb

karaannmbb wrote:

I have broken my raw video into pieces in elements but can't get it to import into organizer.

I am using Elements 11 Trial.

Place the "Work Area Bars" (located on the time line) so that only a "piece" is covered.  Then "Share" to a computer file. Pick a file type that suits your needs.  Be sure to check the box titled "Share WorkArea Bar Only".  Unfortunately, the clip piece will be re-encoded.  PrE11 will do that well, but not perfect because any encoding always seems to loose a little.

You did not say what camera you are using.  The software that came with my Sony and Panasonic camcorders is much better for splitting clips into smaller clips.  Some sort of magic is in them where re-encoding does not take place.  The pieces have the same picture quality as the original. 

So, when I do what you want, I break it into pieces with the camcorder software, the put the video together in PrE with all the creative tools it offers.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to karaannmbb

The recommended WAB (Work Area Bar) will do exactly what you want - limit the Exported/Shared/Published files to the exact, desired length, where you direct PrE to write the file. See this article for more info on the WAB: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3961685#3961685

For the output, you might want to look over this article on Intermediate Files to be re-edited: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4556586#4556586

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to karaannmbb

1) Cut it down into 60 individual videos (which I did and currently have in my project).

2) Save the pieces off as individual video clips.

3) Get the ability to rank/rate each video and select the 25 or so that will make up the final video.

4) Polish/edit those that make the grade.

5) Organize and assemble.

I might do it differently if I was starting from scratch.  But since you already divided the 60 clips you may have two choices.

Assuming you have 60 clips in the timeline, with spaces between each one,  you could use numbered timeline markers and take notes on paper.  Review the clips, then delete the "bad" clips.  Join the remaining clips together and make your video.  The original file is never effected.  This system makes copies, so you can't make any permanent mistakes.

If you really want separte files on you computer, go back to my first post.  You're going to have to do a Share>Computer>MPEG 60 times. 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 5:27 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt wrote:

For the output, you might want to look over this article on Intermediate Files to be re-edited: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4556586#4556586

Hunt

Bill,

I read that as carefully as I could and saw nothing but confusion.  I saw no simple way to add the "lossless" capability to PrE11. 

Of the choices availabe under the "Share" menu, which is the closest to "lossless"?

Thanks.

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to whsprague

One needs to download and install either/both the Lagarith Lossless, or UT Lossless CODEC. Then, under MS AVI, those Encoders will be available.

Sorry for any confusion,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 6:09 PM   in reply to karaannmbb

karaannmbb wrote:

....... I just hate to go through the headache of breaking it all down again but in the long haul could be worth it.

This just seems like the hard way to go about this task but then again I am a software guy and think in terms of reusable components.  Maybe that mentality just doesnt work for video.

Tom and Kara

One of the hard parts of digital video is that each time you save or copy, re-encoding takes place.  It keeps file size down and makes it editable on common computers, but is is "lossy" each time you make a save.  You are dealing with the "ways around it".

Bill

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points