Skip navigation
mark1127
Currently Being Moderated

Can I downgrade to CS 5 from CS 6?

Nov 19, 2012 1:55 PM

Tags: #crash

Photoshop CS 6 keeps crashing on machine. Can I get a serial number and a downlaod of CS 5 instead?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to mark1127

What exactly did you buy from Adobe?

Did you purchase a full version of Photoshop CS6? or an upgrade version of CS6?

Which operating system?

What exactly happens just before Photoshop crashes? Does the crash occur in any consistent way (i.e. what exactly are you  doing at the time)?

Any error messages?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Nov 19, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to mark1127

What John said.  You should try to make it work, as it's likely something wrong with your computing environment that's causing the problems.

But also know this:  This is a user-user forum.  We can't really help you with interacting with Adobe regarding the mechanics of your purchase.  You kind of need to call them for that.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Nov 19, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to mark1127

mark1127 wrote:

Photoshop CS 6 keeps crashing on machine. Can I get a serial number and a downlaod of CS 5 instead?

How often does it crash and have you installed the updates to CS6.  Before the update CS6 failed a lot on my machine.  After the update CS6 still stops working from time to time where Windows has to stop it and can not find a fix for it on the Web. 

It does not fail that often.  Some times on my machine it fails in an ATI dirver and other times in some script module. However CS6 runs most of the time and when it does stop it can be started  and auto save works you just loose you history states and the last few thing you have done.  

CS6 does have more bugs then previous versions of Photoshop but if you want to downgrade I would suggest CS3.   CS4 introduced the Adjustment Panel with to options that make Photoshop incompatible with Photoshop design.  If these options are used things can and will fail. This problem exists in CS5 and CS6 as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 11:07 PM   in reply to mark1127

You cannot. You never bought CS5. As the others said, provide more info and we may be able to help. the rest is beside the point - CS5 could crash just as well on your system if you don't resolve the underlying issues.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to mark1127

Hi,

Mine too is crashing on save.  It was not after installation.

See this thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4838220#4838220

Maybe my file is corrupted but I dont know how to get a new one.

In preference /performance

Uncheck use graphic processor.

Close photoshop cs6.

Restart, it will probably work slower.

Wait for an update..... :-(

JP

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Nov 23, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to J4e8a16n

How can you possibly hope for meaningful help if you don't list any specifics, JP?

Tacking a post onto another thread that loosely describes ''crashing'' then linking to another thread that describes crashing in the display driver just doesn't describe what you're seeing clearly, which in your words involves ''crashing on save''.  Photoshop and the systems it runs on are WAY too complex to have just one problem involving "crashing".

Please start a new thread, and describe your system and exactly what's happening in some detail.  People here may suggest things you haven't thought of.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 12:20 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Hi,

I have a  4 years old HP Pavilion Elite m9525f Desktop PC with Vista.

At installation, Photohop complained (yellow triangle alert) on my graphic card.

It worked for a while.

Then.

Window  was closing the program when I was trying  to save a file.
    So I unchecked use graphic processor:  NVIDIA GE Force 9300 GE  /pci/sse2

Everything worked again.

4 starts later, just in case, I checked it again to see,  and  ...  no more complain from windows or Photoshop cs6 on my graphic card.

Everything was OK.

I dont know for how long... :o)

JP

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 3:14 PM   in reply to J4e8a16n

Although it may work on Vista bear in mind that Vista is not listed as an officially supported operating system for Photoshop CS6

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 6:04 PM   in reply to John Waller

Hi,

I have the exact same problen with windows 7 on a Toshiba satellite laptop ....

CARD:              Intel(R) HD Graphys Family

JP

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2012 7:14 PM   in reply to J4e8a16n

Intel on board graphics will work, but my not give you all the features.  What model of Intel?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 5:46 PM   in reply to Curt Y

The information is not evident, could it be?

SD/SDHC/SDXC

JP

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points