Skip navigation
Brixton V Sandhals
Currently Being Moderated

Uploading footage to my projects without it being silent and slowed down?

Nov 19, 2012 3:16 PM

I am trying to upload to MOVs to a project but the videos seem slightly slowed down and are completely silent. I've gone to the render queue and enabled Audio Output but I am still having no luck. How do I fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 3:16 PM   in reply to Brixton V Sandhals

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here: "FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?"

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 4:07 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

As Todd said we need to know more in order to give any insight into why your MOVs are slowed down, but perhaps you haven't correctly interpreted the footage. 

As for the audio, does it play when you do a RAM preview?  Here are some things to check when previewing audio:

Audio+Ram_Preview.png

a.) Make sure the audio icon is switched on for the clip you're trying to preview.

b.) Open the audio waveforms to make sure your clip actually has audio.  You can also check the audio levels to make sure they're loud enough.

c.) Make sure the audio is turned on in the RAM preview panel.

b.) Finally, you have to do a RAM Preview in order to hear audio in After Effects, so make sure you click the RAM Preview button.

If all these things are working correctly in with a RAM Preview then the audio should export from the Render Queue with audio enabled.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 10:49 PM   in reply to Brixton V Sandhals

As Ben said, there's many more things to it than just saying that something isn't right. Provide more info and perhaps we can get you on track...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points