Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

dynamic link error message again?

Nov 19, 2012 5:13 PM

Tags: #server #dynamic #cs6 #bridge_cs6

Hi

I am running Bridge CS6, somethimes with photoshop CS6.

I am running mac OSX.6.8 (snow leopard).

mac book pro

I am getting the dynamic link error message again after not having the problem since CS6beta. It sometimes is only with mov or other movie files but sometimes it is with all.  It is also very slow and sluggish in general.

When I click on a video files Bridge spins the wheel for a whlie and then gives me the below error message

(in case the screen shot does not load)

The error message reads

"dynamiclinkserver has encountered an error"

and then it reads off a file thread. and then I must click to continue

Screen shot 2012-11-19 at 2.55.44 PM.pngI click to contiue. the message comes back. I click once more and the file then presents. I click to play the vid. the error message again comes back. And I must repeat the clicking twice. I have reset the preferences and purged the cashe. I have installed the patch I found in the forum too. thanks for any help you can render, Uhane

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 4:03 PM   in reply to uhanepono

There are so many problems listed not sure where to start.

For the Dynamic Link see this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1103539?tstart=0

You said you reset the preferences.  Is that by holding down CTRL and starting Bridge?  Did you choose all 3 options?

In Bridge click on edit/preferences/startup scripts.  Make sure there is at least a checkmark for Bridge and PS.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2012 7:57 PM   in reply to uhanepono

Afraid I am out of my element here as you are on Mac, and I know nothing about the dynamic link.  Might try the web to see if you can get some further info. 

If all else fails you might want to uninstall and run Adobe Script cleaner and then reinstall.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points