Skip navigation
Kufa_Sthlm
Currently Being Moderated

PE 11: crashes when loading a project / rendering

Nov 19, 2012 5:34 PM

Hello,

I've been playing around a little with PE 11, and had several crashes and hangs for the last couple of hours:

- hangs when rendering the timeline using the enter key

- crashes when re-opening a project: Adobe Media Core CS6 has stopped working (Adobe QT32 Server.exe, QuickTime.qts 7.73.80.64)

- sometimes getting 'unknown error' when 'sharing' this project as a high quality i

I can manage to re-open the project if i clean my rendered files and media cache, but it's extremely annoying.

I believe it's related to one of the video i'm using, a prores APCN 1920x1080 29.97fps.

I have no problems opening/viewing it using any tool on my computer, or by using the Organizer.

If i rename the directory which contain this specific video, try to open the project and remap the missing file with a H264 version instead of prores, it crashes right away.

The current virtual memory size and private bytes doesn't seem strange/excessive, and i'm also okay on the system commit charge.

I'm running up to date PE 11, and re-installed latest Quicktime just to be on the safe side.

I do not have any other memory/resources consuming software running in the background.

My specs: Win7 ultimate 32bits completely up to date, 4gb, i7 940, GT 620

Any idea what could be causing this?

/d

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to Kufa_Sthlm

Can you also tell us about your I/O sub-system, i.e. your HDD's, their size, free-space (very important), speed, controller type and how you have those allocated?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to Kufa_Sthlm

Thank you for the I/O info. With that second eSATA, and the free-space on each disk, I do not see what would be a problem there.

Take a look at this FAQ Entry: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792580?tstart=0

It starts with a checklist on getting PrE set up properly, then goes into detail on tuning one's computer and OS. Finally, it has links to troubleshooting articles, with more links to tools to help in that process. Be sure to check out "Finding Clues," with the use of the Event Viewer. There might be some clues there, that will be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points