Skip navigation
karaannmbb
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements - Organizer Help/Question.

Nov 19, 2012 5:03 PM

I have another posting out here but maybe I am not being clear enough so I will pose the question another way.

I have a .mp4 file which contains 60 short pieces (happens to be football highlights) all strung together as one contiguous video.

What I am simply trying to do is to break it down for making a handful of highlight videos, each with a different angle. (ex Offense, Defense, Rushing, Passing, etc)

This is the basic outline of how I logically see it happening.  Problem is that I am can't figure out step 2:

1) Cut it down into 60 individual videos (which I did and currently have in my project) using the Split/Clip functions of Elements.

2) Save the pieces off as individual video clips so that they can be rated/ranked/categorized in Organizer.

3) Polish/edit the individual pieces.

4) Organize and assemble the various videos using the clips.

For the life of me I can't get

a) Elements to allow me to save of my projects as individual clips.

and

b) Get the Organizer to allow me to bring my clips in.

I am using PE 11.

Does this make sense?  Does anyone have any insight to offer?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 5:49 PM   in reply to karaannmbb

As we said in response to your previous post, the Organizer will not save a larger file as shorter clips. And, when Premiere Elements divides are larger clip into smaller clips, it is not actually creating smaller clips -- it is created trimmed versions of the larger clip.

You can manually output shorter clips from your trimmed larger clip, but Premiere Elements does not have the ability to break a larger clip into actual smaller clips. For that you'll need a program like Scenalyzer, which only works on some video formats.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 6:39 AM   in reply to karaannmbb

For more detail on Save (all forms), this article might be useful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3392837#3392837

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points