Skip navigation
naisanza
Currently Being Moderated

Unable to create GIF [CS5]

Nov 19, 2012 9:51 PM

Tags: #cs5 #pro #premiere #gif

I'm trying to create a GIF from a video clip and when I go to export the media using GIF format it exports as a single frame or, with Export as Sequence enabled, all the individual frames.

Here are the settings that I'm using (http://i.imgur.com/hQGpb.png).

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to naisanza

I'm not sure PP creates animated GIFs.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to naisanza

Interesting.... I just opened my Premiere and I don't have GIF as an option under format.  Are you using CS6 or one earlier?

I *was* able to open a video in Photoshop CS 6 and export an animated GIF from there. 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 10:54 AM   in reply to naisanza

Okay.. well I don't know anything about CS 5.  Eveything you have set looks okay (including clicking audio off).  Do you have any options under "Preset"?

Oh... just noticed... looks like the gif would over 11 minutes long!  I wonder if either you didn't wait long enough or there is a time/file size limit on GIFs. 

Also, what are you trying to open your GIF with?  When I opened mine it opened as an image stack until I specifically told it to open with Firefox

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to naisanza

Okay... well I can do a similar image stack in CS 6 but as a tiff, jpeg or png.

I can't seem to open the image stack in Photoshop (which is beyond bizarre since I can open a video). 

Why don't you try outputting the snippet as an mpeg and see if you can open that in Photoshop (assuming you have Photoshop).  Then File --> Save for Web

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to naisanza

I would imagine Premiere considers GIFs to be images rather than videos.  For what it's worth, I Googled how to make an animated GIF in Premiere and came up with nothing; just links to how to do it in Photoshop.

The GIF I made in Photoshop had a frame rate of 23.976 and looked pretty smooth.  It's too big to upload here.  I made that directly from a video, not a frame stack

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 4:08 PM   in reply to naisanza

Are you on a PC?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)