Skip navigation
stephenbest
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS5 - colours wrong on second display

Nov 19, 2012 9:42 PM

Tags: #bridge_cs5

I have a dual monitor setup with Bridge permanently on the second display. Under Mac OS 10.5 the colours of the thumbnails and previews are correct. Under 10.8 (and I think going back to 10.6) they're wrong (desaturated). I have no problems with Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom on the second display. The Bridge window fills the screen and doesn't straddle the two displays. I tried Software Rendering and it doesn't fix it. Neither does Purging Cache. Anyone have a fix?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to stephenbest

I tried Software Rendering and it doesn't fix it.

Did you also check in Camera Raw Preferences if the 'Apply auto tone adjustments' is checked? If so deselect this option and try again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to stephenbest

Take a look at this and see it it helps.  http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/cr-auto.shtml

At first you see the embedded profile then the profile you have set take over.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to stephenbest

Unless you use embedded thumbnail option, the thumbnails have to get their color profile somewhere.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 5:40 PM   in reply to stephenbest

Might read this link, and the link in #4 for some more info.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4780001

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 6:40 PM   in reply to stephenbest

From the photoshop forum there seems to be a number of problems with 10.8 and Adobe. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points