• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find what version of openGL exists on my machine?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find the which version of openGL exists for my machine? I have a file openGL32.dll under cC:\Windows\System32 version 6.1.7600.16385

OS-Windows7x64

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely irrelevant. You can find al lthe info you need via Photoshop's Preferences for OpenGL. OpenGL is a set of standardized high-level commands applications send to your graphics driver and hardware, not a specific file or setting that you can turn on and off. Even if you used some benchmark program or other apps to check your OpenGL status, that would be meaningless. They could use compeltely different stuff and PS still not work with OpenGL.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to check if the machine meets the openGL 2.0 before installing my application because there are different machines in our corporation with different configurations. According to you I understand this cant be achieved. So what is the solution for me?

What happens if the machine doesnt meet this requirement for photoshop CS6?

Does the application install fails? Or the functionality breaks?

Thanks,

venkat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the graphics processor support your system provides does not meet Photoshop's needs, it will configure itself not to try to use the GPU, in which case it will function with a reduced set of features.

Run the trial version of Photoshop, then choose Help - System Info... to see exactly what it has determined about your system.  For example:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1 20120808.r.519 2012/08/08:21:00:00) x64
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:2 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 12
Logical processor count: 24
Processor speed: 3458 MHz
Built-in memory: 49150 MB
Free memory: 44962 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 44781 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 95 %
Image tile size: 128K
Image cache levels: 4
OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.
OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced
OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.
OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.
OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.
Video Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Video Card Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Display: 2
Display Bounds:=  top: 0, left: 1600, bottom: 1200, right: 3200
Display: 1
Display Bounds:=  top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 1200, right: 1600
Video Card Number: 2
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
OpenCL Unavailable
Driver Version: 8.982.0.0
Driver Date: 20120727000000.000000-000
Video Card Driver: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Video Mode: 1600 x 1200 x 4294967296 colors
Video Card Caption: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Video Card Memory: 2048 MB
Video Rect Texture Size: 16384
Video Card Number: 1
Video Card: Radmin Mirror Driver V3
OpenCL Unavailable
Driver Version: 3.1.0.0
Driver Date: 20070808000000.000000-000
Video Card Driver:
Video Mode: 1600 x 1200 x 4294967296 colors
Video Card Caption: Radmin Mirror Driver V3
Video Card Memory: 2048 MB
Video Rect Texture Size: 16384
Serial number: <redacted>
Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\
Temporary file path: C:\TEMP\
Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled
Scratch volume(s):
  C:\, 1.75T, 961.5G free
Required Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Required\
Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\
Additional Plug-ins folder: C:\DEV\ProDigital\trunk\plugins\Output\Win\LastBuild\x64\

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to check if the machine meets the openGL 2.0 before installing my application because there are different machines in our corporation with different configurations.

If you want to know, then tell us what graphics hardware you actually use. Pointing to a generic system DLL is not much use 'cos as I said it merely manages those commands which says nothing about whether they actually work as intended. Pretty much all contemporary hardware should support OpenGL 2.0 or 2.1 at least, even the most dated intel chip. As Noel said, why not simply run the trial version and look up the info PS spits out?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to know,you would have to use an external utility like GPU Caps viewer. You don't really have to install it, just grab the zipfile and run it from the extracted folder. Aside from GPU info, it runs some OpenGL and OpenCL tests.  Info purposes only. After all Photoshop has a GPU sniffer utility that will decide if your card is worthy.   More details and downloads here:  http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/

GPU Caps Viewer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines