Skip navigation
salgiss
Currently Being Moderated

What project settings to I need for stop motion animation in elements 10 for youtube

Nov 20, 2012 10:38 AM

Tags: #youtube #elements_10 #stopmotion

I wanted to export a short (no more than 60sec) stop motion animation using approx 40 hi res photos (3888x2592px) we took and then upload this to youtube.

Does anyone have any suggestions of project settings I wanted it to be 1920x1080 but not sure of the frame rate and other settings.

Whether I choose NTSC or PAL doesn't make any difference to youtube does it, I'm currently in Peru so I'm wondering if it's probably better to use NTSC.

Gracias

Sally

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to salgiss

Premiere Elements is a video editor, so you're not going to get an output larger than 1920x1080. So the first thing I'd do is resize those photos to 1920x1080 or you're likely to overload the program. Even better if they're no larger than 1280x720, since that's the most efficient size to load to YouTube anyway.

Then start a Premiere Elements using the project setting for AVCHD Lite 720p30. And, before you add your photos to your project, go to Edit/Preferences/General and set the still image duration. Setting the still image duration to 1 frame will automatically load your animated slides in at 30 per second.

Or, in your case, since you want 40 frames to last 60 seconds -- you want each still photo to last 1.5 seconds, so set your Still Image Duration to 45 frames.

Since you're creating video for the web, you don't need to think in terms of PAL or NTSC. Just load the hi-def file to YouTube when you're done.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to salgiss

I completely agree with Steve, and especially on Scaling the Still Images in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements, prior to Import. This article goes into more detail, and has steps for batch-processing an entire folder of Stills: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2200755#2200755

When I do Stop-Motion, I like to do a small test with a few of my Images first. I usually decide on between 3 - 10 frames, but that choice is based on the "look" that I want, with those particular Images. It just depends.

Steve make a great point, and I want to reinforce it - when you do decide on the Duration, that suits your purposes, be sure to set the Stills Default Duration, BEFORE you Import all of your Stills into the Project.

Good luck, and when you have uploaded to YouTube, please add a link to it, in this thread, so we can all see it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points