Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CS5 sudddenly runs very slowly. Not just in playback. Need advice

Nov 20, 2012 11:22 AM

I'm editing a project where three HD cameras captured a play simktaneously. So my timeline has three video streams, and I cut between them. PLayback is a bit shoppy, but until a day or so ago, not terribly so.

Thing is, now my machine seems to chug even when I'm making changes on the timeline. I after a clip on the timeline, and suddenly I get that littleblue disk-access circle, and after about ten seconds the timeline changes to reflect my work.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I've shut down just about every extraneous background appplication. I've even tried creating a duplicate project of the last third of the play, so I'm working with fewer files, but that didn't help. My machine has 16 gig of ram, runs am AND Phenon II quad-core processor, and I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce 670 which has a LOT of CUDA cores. So this suddenly slowdown is a real mystery to me.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to BrianSiano2

Nothing obvious stands out.  Have you rebooted?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 5:41 PM   in reply to BrianSiano2

Are the software you run other than Premiere also running more slowly? From within PPro, are encode times worse, if its possible to compare?

Were you possibly overclocked and maybe you lost your overclock due to some change in the BIOS? 

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to BrianSiano2

It's a fast system.

Comparatively speaking, it's actually pretty slow.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points