Skip navigation
brunohailey
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 9 quits every time I try to save

Nov 20, 2012 10:44 AM

So far I've tried this:

1. Pressing shift, contron and option right after launching the program.  The window came up to delete prefernces I clicked yes.  Restarted my computer relaunched the program, still quitting every time I try to save anything.

2. I went into Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 9\Locales\<locale>\Plug-Ins\Import-Exportand you will find twain plug-in. Remove that plug-in from that location and copy it somewhere else.

I did this 3 times, the first 2 times I dragged the twain plug in to my desktop, but I guess it was just making a copy.  I can see the two plug in's on my desktop, but the plug ins remained in place.  So the 3rd time, I clicked it and moved it to trash.

Again, I restarted my computer and relaunched PSE 9 but it still was crashing when I tried to save anything.

3.  Just last night I ran the disk utility and repaired disk's.  Again, restarted my computer and relaunched the program, and still it quits every time I save.

What else can I do?  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks/

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 20, 2012 11:59 AM   in reply to brunohailey

Does this happen with all options e.g.

1) File >> Save

2) File >> Save As

3) File >> Save for Web

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to brunohailey

One other thing I don't remember from your previous threads: do you have any third-party plug-ins installed, like Nik or Topaz? If so, try uninstalling them and see if you get on better.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 20, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to brunohailey

What happens after editing,  if you just close an image from the image tab by clicking on the X symbol at the top right? Do you get a message?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 21, 2012 3:27 AM   in reply to brunohailey

Possibly some of the program components are missing or got accidentally deleted. I think you need to uninstall via the control panel and then use your disk or download package to reinstall PSE9.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 21, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to brunohailey

Use the uninstaller or go via the control panel on Windows, just the same as for any application. Don’t simply drag to the trash.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to brunohailey

In case you are using Mac, you can find the uninstaller at /Applications/ Utilities/Adobe Installers

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 11:35 PM   in reply to brunohailey

Hi,

Please try save operation with a blank file in Editor. Change the save location to say Desktop. Also, use shortcut for saving.

See if it still quits.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 11:32 PM   in reply to brunohailey

Glad to know that

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as: