Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Preview in browser (PIB), problem continues

Nov 20, 2012 1:08 PM

Using DWCS5.5. Have website design using server-side includes with IIS testing server on my local drive. Site is running "live" on the internet just fine. Previously, there had been no problems viewing this same site in the PIB function in DW.

Made a "slight" change to the page content, and now in PIB (IE and Chrome only -- no problem with FireFox, Opera or Safari), it suddenly started to get external ad links (red text, underlined) to regular text on the page. Not sure of what was happening, I copied my backup of the site back onto my PC, figuring that all would be fine. It wasn't. This is when the problem of ad links appearing when in PIB appeared as stated. Fortunately, I haven't changed the site "live," so no problems on the internet.

Despite some form participants telling me earlier that there was no way this could be related to DW's PIB function, it sure looks like it's related to the PIB function in DW and the use of IIS testing server with it, since these are the only conditions under which I've seen the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Tom

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 11:36 PM   in reply to tompen01

Please give us a link to your site.

Also upload the offending page as junk.html or similar and give us the name of the offending page.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to tompen01

All DW does is open the existing browser that resides on your system. It does not influence the operation of the browser, it does not execute within DW.

If the browser 'malfunctions' after making a 'slight change' to the page content, then I would say that the problem is due to the 'slight change'.

At this stage we are not privy to the original content or to the change. This makes it impossible for us to render any assistance.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to tompen01

Hi

You did clear the cache on IIS?

A simple reset or shut-down/restart does not work.

See - http://forums.iis.net/t/959070.aspx for IIS7 see last answer in that post.

PZ

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points