Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Getting M-Audio Fastrack Guitar to work with Premiere CS6

Nov 20, 2012 2:49 PM

Hi, did a bit of googeling for this without luck.  I am trying to get the ' M-Audio Fastrack Guitar' to work with Premiere Pro CS6.  In Edit->Preferences->Audio Hardware All i can see on the top drop-down is my 'Blackmagic Audio' card. If I chose 'Premoere Pro WDM Sound' option and click on the ASIO Button I can see 'M-Audio (Fast Track) listed in the mappings but does not seem to work.  The card works with other windows aplicasions.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ben 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 3:05 PM   in reply to funkytwig

Typically when ASIO is involved, I recommend ASIO4All.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to funkytwig

I agree with Jeff. ASIO4All is a universal ASIO driver, and it has fixed many compatibility issues with onboard chips, up to some very esoteric pro gear. I picked up on that on the Audition Forum, and some of the folk there were discussing using it with other M-Audio hardware.

It fixed my Creative 24-Bit Live card's DD 5.1 SS perfectly.

After installing it, just go into Preferences (Audio Hardware>ASIO in PrPro), in all programs, that handle Audio, and choose it. Test.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 4:03 PM   in reply to funkytwig

ASIO is a standard that allows for low latency (i.e. lag) when working with audio devices. ASIO 4 All is a universal version that gives ASIO to devices that wouldn't normally have ASIO. It's great, a really worthwhile project.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to funkytwig

Sorry to hear that Ben. At least it is free, so only a little time lost in trying it. ASIO4All has been a panacea for many, with all sorts of equipment, but obviously not all equipment.

Wish that I had more to offer, other than good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to funkytwig

It looks like the M-Audio device works over USB, which PP typically has had issues with.  My recommendation would be to not use USB sound devices.  Get sound in via the normal mic. or line inputs.  Get sound out using an internal sound card and ports.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to funkytwig

So basicly with laptips you are stuck with internal sound?

Not just Laptops.  And far from 'stuck'.  Most motherboard sound is more than adequate for the task.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 11:46 AM   in reply to funkytwig

OK.

For that you probably will need a third-party sound card installed (with installed being the key word).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to funkytwig

For what it's worth, we have two edit suites with USB audio devices and they work fine. One of them is even a Fastrack. They're MacPros, not windows machines though, so I don't have any suggestons when it comes to drivers or anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 12:49 AM   in reply to SimonHy

I'm currently trying to get a Fast Track C400 to work with Premiere Pro CS6 on the new 2012 27" iMac. I have the latest drivers for both PP and the Fast Track, yet it is not listed in the "Audio Hardware" list either. I thought this was possibly hardware compatibility related, but I had the same problem with my old M-Audio Audiophile USB device. However, I always got that device to work fine in PP CS6 on my older 2010 MBP. I haven't tried the Fast Track C400 on my MBP yet, but will just out of curiousity. But I bought the Fast Track C400 for the new iMac, which is frustrating!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points