Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Layers to PDF

Nov 20, 2012 5:18 PM

Is this possible? I want to create a PDF from Photoshop while keeping on a master layer/group for all pages AND turning on/off invidual layers/smart object in another group? I know there may be a way to do this with Layer Comps but I would rather just use layers.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 11:46 PM   in reply to k.loy

Please elaborate as your description seems unclear (to me at least).

What is the exact layer structure and what are the rules regarding showing and hiding the various elements?

Creating a multi-page pdf in one go from one psd-file is not a default option as far as I know, but one might be able to automate such a task with a Script.

|
    Mark as:
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 4:39 AM   in reply to k.loy

With all your layers ready, File > Scripts > Export Layers to Files. Choose PDF as filetype. Choose location, give a filename prefix and hit OK. Your layers will be exported as individual PDF files with prefix_layername as filename to the chosen location.

Note that the output dimension will be the full canvas size (even if the layer only occupies a limited boundary).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 5:03 AM   in reply to Sudarshan Thiagarajan

I think the OP wants to keep some elements visible in all resulting pdfs, so Export Layers to Files might not be a perfect fit.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points