Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge CS6 altering date created on RAW files

Nov 20, 2012 7:41 PM

How do I stop Bridge from changing the date created on my Canon raw files? 

I open up a picture and do some edits such as exposure, contrast, etc.  Then when done I click done.  When I look at the thumbnails in Bridge the edited picture is now out of order with a new date created date.

Thanks,

Ken

Edit:  It seems to pick a time in the future.  My current time is 9:40PM and I just edited a raw file and the time changed to 10:09PM.  Strange.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 7:42 PM   in reply to Ken Cravillion

Bridge can not change date created.  You are probably looking at date file modified.  In preferences/metadata you can choose which to display.  You can also choose what to sort by.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to Ken Cravillion

There is something to the effect that it has problems with todays date.  If you take an older picture, make a copy and then try some edits and see what happens.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 8:09 PM   in reply to Ken Cravillion

One can not change the date created as that is set by the camera.  But for some reason if it is todays date funny things happen.  Have seen this is past posts.   If interested do a web search with something like adobe bridge current date wrong.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to Curt Y

Well.  Since I have the same problem of the create date being changed by applying a metadata template which includes only copyright information in Bridge CS6 (fully upadted under Win7 x64), I find it hard to take very seriously the confident statements above that Bridge cannot change the create date. Mine always goes back to a create date of 20 July 2007 (TIF or JPG) unless I use 'append metadata' rather than 'replace'.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to akribie

As so often happens, I found the answer on another forum immediately after the above post.

It seems that, when creating a metadata template in CS6, you need to tick, but leave blank, the fields you wish to be preserved when using 'replace metadata'.  The comment at the bottom of the template editor that only ticked fields are affected (at least, that's how I read it) is very misleading.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 4:50 AM   in reply to akribie

akribie wrote:

It seems that, when creating a metadata template in CS6, you need to tick, but leave blank, the fields you wish to be preserved when using 'replace metadata'.  The comment at the bottom of the template editor that only ticked fields are affected (at least, that's how I read it) is very misleading.

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points