Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Full-screen  Flash video problems using flash player

Nov 20, 2012 11:02 PM

Tags: #video #flv #flash_professional #full_screen

Hi,

I have a Flash interface which plays flash videos. I have linked the video files as external f4v files using the import wizard and have chosen a skin which has a full screen button.

There is a menu page where you click on the selection you want and it takes you to a page with the video on it. Once you have played the video you can click a back button to go back to the menu screen and choose another video. It is a single Flash file with a separate "page" (keyframe section with framelabel) for each video (no scenes).

We want to play this project in the Flash Player - or we could make a projector out of it if that helps.

If you just play the video at its current size then there is not problem, you can go back to the menu and everything works fine. However, if you make the video full-screen, then make it normal size again, when you click the back button the video goes with you to the menu. It's not over the top of everything. You can still see the menu buttons but the video hangs around and never goes away even when you go to another screen and play a video there. You can end up with more that one video playing at once.

I have tried to use myVideo.fullScreenTakeOver = false;

If I use it in the back button is seems to have no effect - I guess it is too late there.

If I use it in the frame, then click the full-screen button on the video skin, it stops the video from going full-screen but makes the whole swf go full screen instead, which is not what I am after. This  stops the video from hanging around like some kind of bad genie but is of no use.

Can anyone please help with this?

I an using Flash CS6 on MacOS 10.6.8. At the college where I teach they would have the latest OS and I still have the problem there.

Regards,

John

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 10:57 AM   in reply to riverWall86

First note the last post in this thread stating CS6 is not compatible with 10.8 Mountain Lion:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4852032#4852032

This may or may not be related.  Do you have an example to verify if it's also a problem on Windows? If Windows does not exhibit the same behavior then it very well may be a Flash Player or CS6 incompatibility.

What are you setting the stages display mode to when you run the SWF or projector? Is it fullscreen by default?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2012 6:42 PM   in reply to riverWall86

What are you setting your stage scaleMode and align to? if you dont set them then the stage may be growing in a way you didnt expect, pushing controls off screen.

If you make a simple sample project that fails in the way you describe I will test it on Windows and let you know if its reproduced.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points