Skip navigation
PrAEPs
Currently Being Moderated

Gap in video during preview in Encore CS5?

Nov 20, 2012 11:31 PM

Tags: #cs5 #help #error #premiere #playback #menu #encore #dvd #premiere_cs5.5 #encore_cs5

I pretty much just figured out how to use the basics of Encore an hour ago, so bear with me. 

I'm only working in the flowchart panel, nowhere else. I wanted to add a short animated entrance for the play button on the menu (I refused to do it in Encore), so I took the menu PSD and animated the button in premiere. I then had the project flow as such:  Project>Premiere Clip>Menu. In between the Premiere Clip and Menu, there is a short pause where the screen goes black. I'm barely able to manage the workflow in Encore and I'm hopelessly confused please help! I worried that when I finish up the DVD that the gap will be there. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 7:50 AM   in reply to PrAEPs

You will probably not know until you test a burned disk on a dvd player. The Encore preview gap is not a reliable indicator, and probably cannot be, of the disk outcome.

Test methods include RW disks so you don't waste disks. Also, burn to a folder and play with a software player. None of these will guarantee no gaps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points