Skip navigation
ccp-media
Currently Being Moderated

Audiomixer Effect settings - how can I save them?

Nov 21, 2012 2:00 AM

Tags: #effects #settings #audio #presets #vst #audiomixer

When using an effect like e.g. "Dynamics" in the Audiomixer, is there a way to save my setup for that effect? I´d like to use the same settings in other sequences. When right-clicking, there are only factory presets, but I cant find a way to save my own settings.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to ccp-media

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 10:59 AM   in reply to ccp-media

How about saving an audio clip with the settings you want to save in a separate sequence and just copy that effect when needed?

Not as convenient, but it should work.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 1:40 PM   in reply to Peru Bob

I mention this now and then, but perhaps it is time to do so. To add to what Peru Bob said....

I keep a project with video and audio that has all of my favorite effects on them. I renamed the clips to tell me what effect they carry. Or, in the case of transitions, I use the same clip with the transition description as part of the name. The project also has my logo, some standard titles, and a variety of commonly use audio and video clips.

I just import that project into just about every new project I create.

I used to just copy and paste between the sequence with the effects on it (named Saved Effects0 and the sequence for my new project. It was a hassle switching back and forth, but then Ann Bens pointed out that I could just have the Save Effects sequence sit right on top of the main sequence. I have the room. I am using two 1920X1080 monitors.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Unfortunately, neither of those tips help much in this case, where the question was how to copy/paste Mixer (track level) effects from one sequence to another.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 8:00 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Huh?

Perhaps my explanation was unclear.

For effects you just copy and paste the attributes. For the mixer, you erase everthing on the sequence and start from there. Or make a duplicate. The mixer effects come over to the duplicate.

Now, can you apply it existing sequences? Well, no. New sequences made from the old one? Sure! You bet.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to ccp-media

Yes, this should be in Pr, and should have been there all along, as well as custom presets for all video effects and transitions.

I hope you made the feature request.  The more people who make them on specfic features, the higher on the list at Adobe.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points