Skip navigation
zerohelp
Currently Being Moderated

Downloaded Lr 4 but cannot install?

Nov 21, 2012 1:08 AM

Tags: #lr4

The below screenshot is the error message I receive when I attempt to install the software. I downladed the software again thinking there might have been an issue during the download, but I experience the same problem with the error messsage? I'm based in Asia and have found Adobe support terribly disappointing. I would appreciate any help in resolving this. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2012-11-21 at 3.03.03 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 2:25 AM   in reply to zerohelp

Make sure your system meets the specs. Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher 64 bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 3:39 AM   in reply to zerohelp

Ok the system specs are ok, maybe a Mac expert might chip in and help.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Nov 21, 2012 12:40 PM   in reply to zerohelp

I haven't seen that one before, so I'm moving this to the Installer forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 12:42 PM   in reply to DdeGannes

Most likely you have a corrupted download of the file. Try deleting it and downloading the latest version of Lightroom (4.2). Lightroom updates are the full installation package.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 10:53 PM   in reply to zerohelp

I'm facing the exact same problem. I just downloaded lightroom 4 today. I'm based in Singapore and I get prompted the exact same " eject disk image" as you. Have you rectified it? Please let me know. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jan 30, 2013 11:25 PM   in reply to Brett N

there are others with this problem:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1144922?tstart=0

there's a duplicate screenshot in the above thread showing the error and also an explanation that the downloaded dmg file was clicked and the pkg file should be clicked to install lr.

re-downloading was no help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to kglad

This issue shouldn't be about when the file was download, but about the specific download itself. Perhaps there was a hiccup in the network at the time of the download. If you have only tried downloading once and this error occurs, definitely delete the file you have and try again. Otherwise try downloading from a different web browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2013 11:41 PM   in reply to zerohelp

The installer's certificate is expired (expiry was Dec 15, 2012). Unfortunately, Apple's installer app doesn't tell this very obviously.

Here's what you can do to install the application:

1. Open "Terminal" app (you can use spotlight to open this)
    2. On the command line, run the command: open -a Installer
    3. Go to the mounted volume of the DMG (its name should appear as "Lightroom 4.0" on the left hand side), and click on the .pkg file within it
    4. It will give you some warnings about certificate. Click "Continue"
    5. Proceed with the rest of the installation

I faced the same issue today, and eventually figured out the root cause and used the above to install. Can't believe Adobe would ship out a software with an expired certificate.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 7:08 AM   in reply to zerohelp

Hi, I am getting this exact same problem.  I am based in Hong Kong and I just downloaded Lightroom today but have been unable to install it due to this error message. 

My second problem - I only got my Mac two days ago and I have very little idea how to use it at the moment!  I tried following AmodMalviya's instructions above but I got stuck on the second step... I managed to open the terminal app and I tried typing in the command, but nothing seems to happen.

I am not technically minded at all, so if someone could explain how to do this to me in the simplest terms possible it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to mturner400

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5487

Download the 4.2 version. And use the same serial number that you got from Adobe. I can't believe Adobe is sending people a file that is not working.. It should work after that.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 7:26 AM   in reply to errolllimkt

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly, I'm trying that now....

I know, is crazy... I've found a few threads on here about the same issue, but the only response from Adobe is, 'download again, download with a different browser or try using a wired connection', which by the sounds of it, none of those options work!

I'll report back once the file has downloaded and let you know how I get on.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to errolllimkt

Worked perfectly with 4.2 - Thank you so much!!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2013 7:55 AM   in reply to mturner400

haha no worries, I was so irritated when I had the same problem. kong hei fatt choi! (happy new year in hk cantonese) 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points