Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Create PDFs from Word mail merges

Nov 21, 2012 8:10 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to Community Help

I've been trying this for many hours and have posted my issue elsewhere on the site without success. When I use the Mail Merge in Word 2007 I get an error message of "MAPI Logon Unsuccessful cannot email mesages". I'm using MSMail, Vista SP2 and Acrobat X Pro. The documents are created and filed where I select but it stops at the email process. If I just do one record at a time using "Create and Attach to Email" MSMail opens correctly with the document attached. I had the problem when I needed to send a similar letter a year ago but had assumed that was because I had Acrobat IX. Not so. The amount of time I've spent trying to get it to work is probably more than if I had manually attached each letter to an email but I hate not being able to use a feature I've paid for! Can anyone help with this?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 6:19 PM   in reply to derbrit

I do not have an answer, but a short comment. You mention a feature you have paid for. Doing the PDF and e-mail for a single file meets what I see that was paid for. Your request for the mail merge is not necessarily out of the question, but I do not see it as a feature that was advertised (though I have been wrong before). It would be a useful feature for some folks and I hope you find a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 7:49 PM   in reply to Bill@VT

If your using a Mac The MAPI Plugin and the Browser Pluging do not work on Mozilla Products  This could be a reason for the error.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to Phillip Jones

As I said I'm using Vista SP2, not a Mac and Microsoft Mail not a Mozilla product. However, if there's an interaction between my browser (Internet Expolrer 9) and MSWord when trying to do the mail merge, I'm not aware of it and I should probably investigate that some more. Can you elaborate?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to Bill@VT

The Acrobat PDFMaker COM add in for MSWord has a menu option of "Merge to Adobe PDF". The tool tip which comes up says "Merge document to PDF files and send them by email". To me that's a feature that was designed and incorporated and that I paid for and it's very frustrating that no one seems to know why it won't work.. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 1:22 AM   in reply to Community Help

I am mail merging into PDF, from Word 2010 using Adobe Acrobat 8. This works successfully once.   But when I try and do it again it doesn't work and only gives me the error message: 'Acrobat PDFmaker was not able to merge the document.'

It fails after I have selected the folder. Any clues?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 4:39 AM   in reply to jofrogs

Don't know how you got it to work with that combination in the past. PDF Maker for AA8 is not compatible with OFFICE 2010.

In terms of mail merge, I am on a machine that has AA9 right now and indeed the Acrobat menu in WORD has the mail merge option. Since you say you can do the mail for a single mail of a document, then it is apparently something in the setup of the mail merge document. Unfortunately, it has been a long time since I have used mail merge in WORD and don't have much help to offer. It appears that it should work. In my case, it will probably fail on this machine since I have always had MAPI issues to be able to use a mail client from Acrobat. Hope someone that uses mail merge will drop by and help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to Community Help

Silly question, but is PDF Maker included in Adobe Arcobat?  If so, in which versions?

TIA

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to marknmarkn

PDF maker has been included for versions since at least AA3 as I recall. In OFFICE 2010 it shows up as "Save As Adobe PDF" or under the Adobe menu with create PDF -- at least for the newer Acrobat versions. There are compatibility issues. As I mentioned, AA8 and AA9 allow printing from OFFICE 2010, but will not offer the functionality of PDF Maker. You need at least AA X for that. If you have a 64-bit OFFICE (or OS), then you also will need to be sure to update AA X.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points