Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I need to clear Font Cache I think

Nov 21, 2012 9:59 AM

I'm on Windows 7 running Illustrator 32bit cs5.1

I've been having a lot of problems with fonts lately. I was using Suitcase Fusion 3, and it was just misbehaving really badly. I figured out the problems with that program, was able to restore my computer to the point where it only had the original fonts, but now I still have this problem:

In both Illustrator and Photoshop, it lists a lot of fonts that are uninstalled. When I click on them, the screen just flashes and then it goes to the font I last used.

Through my extensive but ultimately useless googling, I've found that I need to clear the Adobe or Illustrator font cache. It's not my Windows font cache, I've deleted that twice already, so that's fresh. It's definitely Adobe. So how do I do this? Or is there a different solution to these nonexistent fonts that won't leave my font menu?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 11:05 AM   in reply to Flannel Jesus

Do a search for a cache utility for Windows.

Font Explorer from Linotype might have a version for Wondows.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 1:57 PM   in reply to Flannel Jesus

The Adobe caches are located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\TypeSpt and delete any AdobeFnt*.lst files. Do not delete AdobeFnt.db or FontNames.db!! Those are not caches.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 9:58 AM   in reply to Flannel Jesus

My indesign CS6 draft documents, at first, really work well.

Fonts don't quite work anymore in Indesign . . . Adobe have anything to do with that?

Nobody . . . except their customers.  Among whom I not one . . . not any longer.

Maybe Adobe missed a Microsoft Windows 8 update and didn't pass the update along to legacy customers?

Looks that way to me.  How does it look to you?

Have all of a sudden . . . have your Adobe fonts shown as corrupted in Adobe software . . . but work perfectly well in other software?  What's going on?

Future bug fixes promised by Adobe to those who choose not to rent their software . . . pending not introductory offers by Adobe?

Or . . . what?

Why when I edit an Indesign document, software reports (adobe) fonts are not available, but I see in they are available to Microsoft Office applications?

What gives?  Thanks for any advice in the earth born world.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points