Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to convert a shape into text

Nov 21, 2012 10:23 AM

After searching for a while, I could only find the opposite, how to convert from text to shape. I this case I have a shape that I would like to conver to text so that I can use it as a bullet. Any suggestions on how to do this in photoshop CS5?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to pchinique

You need a font creation program and Photoshop is not that kind of program. Make a Google search.

Once created and installed on your system the font will show in the fonts menus of all programs that use fonts.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to pchinique

You can use the vector paths creation tools in any program that can do that but you have to import those paths in a font creation program that can create fonts. Illustrator is not a font creation program either.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to emil emil

Depending on your needs, an alternative solution could be to use a program like inDesign that can do inline graphics. Inline graphics are image objects that you can place at the insertion point of the text tool while typing text and they will flow with the text like when you place images here in the messages of this forum or word processors like Microsoft Word but inDesign has the capabilities to have text on paths, shapes, etc with all bells and whistles of a layout program.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points