Skip navigation
tomservo6
Currently Being Moderated

Burning both a DVD and Blu-Ray

Nov 21, 2012 10:42 AM

So I have a project going in Premiere that I've sent to Encore. I picked new DVD project and it transcoded it correctly. I then set up multiple menus and burned it to DVD. Now I want to make a high-def version for Blu-Ray. Is there a way to do that by just re-encoding the video from Premiere so I don't have to recreate all of my menus, timeline markers, etc. in Encore? I just need to swap out the HD video for the SD video in Encore.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 12:10 PM   in reply to tomservo6

I have not been encouraged by problems users encounter. My guess is a scaling issue between SD and HD menus, and I have not tested it enough to determine whether it is a real problem, or not having been careful enough. It still seems to me that it should be possible using HD menus in SD wide projects.

Adobe obviously thinks it should work, or there wouldn't be the option just to change project type - and encore is tracking transcode status and settings separately.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 11:51 PM   in reply to tomservo6

I have not had problems when I do the re-sizing of menus in Photoshop.  I have encountered various problems when trying to convert between BR & DVD projects in Encore.  I always build a new project for the second format.  It is tedious, but it works.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 6:09 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

Thnks for that feedback Alan. I wonder if, doing the resizing in photoshop using "edit in photoshop," there would be a way to keep the navigation in place? I assume by new project you are resizing in photoshop, but bringing this into a brand new project?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan Jones wrote:

Thnks for that feedback Alan. I wonder if, doing the resizing in photoshop using "edit in photoshop," there would be a way to keep the navigation in place? I assume by new project you are resizing in photoshop, but bringing this into a brand new project?

I tend to play safe by saving the BR menu as a file, then opening that in Photoshop and scaling.  If I use a still as background I usually scale that separately.  The navigation survives, but due to the Encore's default automatic routing of buttons (unless you know a way to turn that off)  I still have to reset it to my personal preference.

Obviously, I always work BR to DVD, as there can be difficulties with button sub-pictures -circular dots can turn out with a chord slice missing, etc.

Yes it is a brand new project, which means there can be a lot of work to repeat.  Because I use chapter playlists a lot, I have a project saved to use as a template, with a couple of timelines and a dozen playlists each.  That cuts out some of the tedium.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2012 6:50 PM   in reply to tomservo6

It would have worked had you gone the other way, started with a Blu-ray for authoring and then created a DVD image from that same project.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points