Skip navigation
Jstruthio
Currently Being Moderated

Can an organizer catalogue from Elements 4 be imported into Elements 11

Nov 21, 2012 11:14 AM

Tags: #elements_4 #catalog_conversion #organizer_transfer

I wish to transfer my Elements 4 based photo collection from an old PC (Win XP) to a new PC (Win 7) with Elements 11. Can the Version 4 organiser catalogue and photo content be converted and imported into Elements 11?  What is the best process for this transfer?

Thanks, John S 

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 21, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to Jstruthio

Hi John

Yes. Use the backup and restore process built into Organizer. You backup on the old PC then install PSE11 on the new PC and use the restore command.

See the attached notes which relate to PSE6 onwards but cantain some exceptions for earlier versions.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/backup-restore-move-catal og-photoshop.html

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 21, 2012 4:29 PM   in reply to Jstruthio

No need to install PSE4 on the new PC. The upgrade will work.

But check prices carefully sometimes the full version is priced lower than the upgrade, especially during the holidays. Buy whichever is the cheapest they are both identical.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 7:32 PM   in reply to Jstruthio

I have same issue in going from old computer PSE 7 to new computer PSE 11  Tech support told me to do full backup with PSE 7 and restore to new computer PSE 11 using New Computer and Restoer with Original Structurees options.  I did this but my catalogue organization did not have any of my keyword tags...which is how I have organized almost 10,000 photos..  No solution yet....I have asked this question in this forum just a few minutes ago.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points