Skip navigation
JJHP3
Currently Being Moderated

Want to use PPRo to transcode into ProRes...

Nov 21, 2012 1:15 PM

Hi All

I received a folder full of .MTS video files for a project. I have PPro 5.0 on my teaching laptop, but use FCPX as my main editing platform on a MacPro. Without a file structure FCPX won't import the files, while PPro does. I have a seq with a test MTS file placed, go to export and find ProRes under Quicktime, but it only allows me to export as 720 x 480 not the original 1080p size. I have searched around about this without luck... perhaps a kind soul here has a method?

Thank you,

John

(OSX 10.8.2)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to JJHP3

Adobe Media Encoder may be the better tool for batch conversions.  Give that a go.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to JJHP3

If the option were there I would first go back to the original recorded media, with all the file structure and ingest directly into FCPX. Otherwise I have found that if I export to Media Encoder even after I select the ProRes option I have to manually change the resolution. ME seems to default to SD rez for me anyway.

In my previous system (5.5, but now in 6) I had created presets in ME for output to ProRes. I've not gotten around to creating them yet on our new/clean MacPro. There's a blog article on Adobe's site. You'd have to google it. "ProRes workflow in Premiere". I think that's how I found it. Sorry, I've lost that link since I updated the computer.

If this happens very often you could always purchase Prelude and use it to convert to ProRes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points